Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Surgery Set and Possible Book signing (yay being a dork!)

So my surgery is to take place next week. I'm pretty scared and happy because the pain will be gone (for the most part) and nervous/scared aboutt the surgery because I'm a human with an insane imagination. Oh yeahz. I've been doing water therepy for the past week to relax my muscles and nerves for the surgery. After being a coach potato for about two months I can honestly say that swimming, one of the things I'm really at, has kicked my butt. When you're crawling home from exhasution due to swimming, you know you're out of shape.

Okay, how cool is this? I, being the dork I am, love to read books/manga/comics and watchs movies and tv shows when I'm relaxing/recovering from illnessess/injuries. Who doesn't? So, with my shoulder like this, I have been buying myseld DVDs and the movies to make myself feel better.
Because I'm odd like that.

So, I FINALLY found a store with the rest of the newer TMNT comics I have been looking for, and gleefully purchased some. As I was standing there chatting away with the cashier (who  turned out to be the manager of the store) we got on the subject of TMNT, Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird (the creators of tmnt) and then somehow we got onto the subject of my book. I plan to have my book be turned into a graphic novel/comic that I'm working on with a friend of mine, and the manager of the store was like "If you ever want to do a book signing, give me a call."
Um, like? I would LOVE!
So after my surgery I am hoping to be doing a book signing at this really cool comic store!!! YAAAY!

Look at what being a dork can do for you. :D

So, does anyone have tumblr? I do. I'm sharing it with my friend Askew (no, not real name but Askew prefers to be nameless :) ) and we're trying to get it up and running and filled with drawings. Please check us out and follow us! And follow me on blog please! T__T I feel like I'm rambling to myself sometimes...>__>

Okay, pity party is over...:)

Here is the link!

http://theportalhunter.tumblr.com/

Have a great week(s) if I'm not back from surgery soon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment