Friday, May 10, 2013

Krypton Comics was Amazing---and a side note to Mr. Mike

Oh my goodness, Krypton Comics was just absolutely amazing. I had one of the best times of my life there. When I arrived, which was like 30 minutes before the event started, I was absolutely shocked at how many people were in line! The line wound all the way around the building and I'm pretty sure it took over the strip mall. I had the honor of meeting Ryan, a
Magician who personally had me entertained the entire time with his card tricks. I was beginning to learn a thing or two, and then he would always switch it up and I would have to start all over. I also got to meet some amazing artists, two I sat next to was Jim and Kathleen Clark. Oh my goodness, it was completely amazing. I also got to meet a pretty cool guy who did a voice impression of Bender from Futurama. His name was
Jon Portrey, and he was really talented, and here is his page site!

 
Also, I promise to add more things on the other people I mentioned, but currently I am still at my college and do not have their business cards with me, so I will have to log on later to type up their websites. I also had the pleasure of meeting a group of fantastic guys who self-published their own comic book, and I can't wait to figure out a way to download their website link onto my website...once I can figure out how to work my website...But they were amazing people and I can't wait to read the comics book. But, back to the FCD...

I ended up selling about 13 or 14 books, and even one of my professors came to visit me! It was an absolutely fantastic day. And I was blessed to have two amazing friends of mine come with me to free comic day and hang around for most of the even. Oh, and, fun fact, I actually DID get to meet Superman...and it was amazing!! He was a very sweet guy, and as much as I wanted, I didn't ask for a photo with him or an autograph because he looked so exhausted, and honestly, after being there from 9:30am-6:30pm, I was exhausted too. It was just an honor to get to shake his hand and chat with him for a few minutes.

Now, on to some very sad news...
There was a man in my life who has been there since I was a little girl. He has a leader in my church, his name was Mr. Mike, and he was one of the most wise and wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He died the day before FCD apparently, and I found out this past Sunday. I could not go to his funeral due to finals and I really hate that fact. He was one of the greatest people in my life, he was like family to me. He was kind, wise, whacky, and a great Christian role-model for not just me, but hundreds of other kids in and outside of my church. I promise to come visit your grave Mr. Mike and pay my respects now that my finals are complete. You were such an amazing person...I was truly blessed to have you in my life.

I have finally finished my freshman year, and as I move onto my summer, I mourn having to leave my wonderful friends here but am very eager to see my friends who I have known for years and to visit family again. I can now FINALLY work on my books, I'm thinking of working on two or three, we'll see what I can cook up. Plus, I plan on getting a summer job.

So anyway, sorry for the late post on Free Comic Book Day...it was amazing, I was honored to be a part of it, and I hope that I will have the opportunity to be a part of it again in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment